The 10 Most Popular Uses of Argan Oil
Argan oil has been touted as Hollywood’s secret beauty elixir. Considered the crème de la crème of cosmetic oils, Argan oil is exclusively produced in Southern Morocco. This luxurious oil is known to heal many skin conditions. It works as an antioxidant, with high levels of skin-nourishing vitamin E (tocopherol), squalane, carotene and fatty acids.
Sourcing the very rare Argan oil has been a daunting challenge. We wanted to source direct from Morocco. We wanted not just pure Argan oil, but one with organic certification. After a series of sampling from several suppliers, we found a good source with ECOCERT certificate. It took a long while to get the shipment to the Philippines. We have to contend with extended production lead time. We have to adjust to the new Argan oil export regulations of Morocco.
|Argan trees grow in the desserts of Morocco.|
Finally, we are ready to offer you pure Argan indulgence from head to toe. We call it Pure Bliss LIQUID GOLD, which is the moniker of the oil in Hollywood.
Below are 10 most popular uses of pure Argan oil:
1. Facial moisturizer - Argan oil can be used as an intensive moisturizer, especially when applied during evenings. As an antioxidant, it helps reduce signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles and prevents new wrinkles from forming.
2. Make-up base – Use Argan oil as your make-up base. It is non-comedogenic and is easily absorbed by the skin, while providing moisture.
3. After-sun nourishment - Hours under the harsh sun can make your skin dry. Argan oil soothes and moisturizes your skin.
|Exclusively Available |
5. Sensitive skin relief - Argan oil works wonders on sensitive skin as it helps relieve eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, rosacea and other skin conditions.
6. Hair conditioner - Avoid bad hair days by applying Argan oil on towel dried hair. A few drops will help reduce frizz, make hair strong and shiny, and lock in moisture for softer hair from roots to tips.
7. Overnight Hair Treatment - Massage a generous amount of Argan oil into your hair, ends and scalp. Wrap your hair and leave it on while you sleep. In the morning, wash your hair and you’ll have luminous soft locks. Visit Hairguard (https://skinstation.ph/the-10-most-popular-uses-of-argan-oil/) for more information on Argan oil for healthy hair.
8. Hair Styling Shine – Use as a styling product while your hair is dry. Add a few drops onto your palms, rub your hands together, and run your fingers through your hair to create shine and tame frizz.
9. Lip moisturizer - Cold or hot weather can make your lips dry. A few dabs of Argan oil on the lips can soften and heal dry, chapped lips.
10. Cuticle and heel softener - Massage a few drops of Argan oil into your cuticles to soften, moisturize and encourage healthy nail growth. Use as an overnight treatment to moisturize dry, cracked heels. Cover with socks and wake up to supple feet.
This article was published in the Lifestyle Section of Manila Bulletin on September 24, 2013. The author is the CEO of SkinStation. He received the 2011 Outstanding Chemist Award from the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) for his achievements in the field of cosmetic chemistry. Skin Smart aims to clarify facts and myths on skin care. Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.