About Skin Station

Our Chairman and CEO, FRED C. REYES has been doing research and developing new advanced skin care products for SkinStation, which are now available under the DERMAX Professional brand. He is a multi-awarded cosmetic Chemist. In 2008, he was the recipient of Achievement Award in Industry conferred by the Philippine Federation of Chemistry Societies, the umbrella group of Chemists associations in the country. The Outstanding Professional Award in Chemistry came next, in 2011, from the government's Professional Regulations Commission (PRC).

DERMAX Professional is the exclusive skin care line of SkinStation. It has established a cult following among the urban sophisticates. “DERMAX uses only the best, the latest, and the safest ingredients at clinical strength, definitely at par with the world’s best. With DERMAX, we have no cost constraint. Our only aim is to delight our customers,” declares Fred Reyes.

We present to you articles written by Fred Reyes himself which appeared in the SKIN SMART column in Manila Bulletin, Lifestyle Section.

The Official Blog Site

Huwebes, Mayo 23, 2013

SILVER: A NATURAL ANTIMICROBIAL



SILVER: A NATURAL ANTIMICROBIAL

The antimicrobial properties of silver have been known for centuries. People in ancient Phonecia stored water in silver coated bottles. Silver was commonly used in treatments of wounds during World War I. Silver dollars were put in milk bottles to keep milk fresh. Water tanks of ships are silver coated to render water potable for months.

When antibiotics were discovered, the use of silver as a bactericidal agent decreased. However, antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria have increasingly emerged. There have been similar concerns raised against Triclosan, a widely used antimicrobial agent in skin care products. These developments generated renewed interest in silver, now considered an exciting safe alternative with a great deal of relevance in pharmaceutical and skin care formulations. 

A German company, BioEpiderm, has developed a complex process of manufacturing silver powder with highly porous, sponge-like structure. This 99.9% pure metallic silver is ECOCERT registered, and meets ecological standards for natural bio-cosmetics.  

DERMAX DEOWHITE deodorant
contains silver antimicrobial active.
 
The fine silver powder can be used in creams, lotions, deodorants, and sprays for body care, hand and foot care and facial care, as well as in hair and scalp care preparations, and even oral care products such as mouthwash and toothpaste. Because there are no side effects, the active silver can also be used in child care formulations.

A product with this active releases silver ions slowly, with prolonged anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial activity. This time-release feature helps destroy harmful bacteria continuously without affecting the skin’s natural flora. The skin is freed from the causes of irritation over an extended period. The result is a healthy and well-protected skin.

In a scientific study, a cream containing 0.1 percent of the active was tested on patients with atopic dermatitis. The skin returned to normal condition, redness disappeared and bothersome itching was significantly reduced.

SkinStation recently came out with DERMAX DEOWHITE, a natural deodorant with silver as the main deodorizing active. The silver worked well with other whitening actives in the formulation. With the success of the DERMAX DEOWHITE deodorant, more products containing the antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-irritant silver are in the pipeline. 

____________________________________________________________________________________
Skin Smart seeks to clarify facts and myths on skin care. This column was published in the Manila Bulletin Lifestyle Section on May 28, 2013. The author received the 2011 OutstandingChemist Award from Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) for his achievements in the field of cosmetic chemistry.  The author is the CEO of SkinStation and can be reached at fred.reyes@skinstation.ph. 

1 komento:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis,Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer
    Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancerBipolar Disorder, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Anal cancer.Appendix cancer.,Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer.Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,OsteoporosisAlzheimer's disease,Brain cancer.Dementia.Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com,  ..WhatsApp phone number+ 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    TumugonBurahin